Monday, August 4, 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Megan from Tiggy Patterns

This is the first post in the Vendor Spotlight series! This is where we will be featuring local Etsy shops and telling you all about what they sell.

Our first vendor is Megan from TiggyPatterns and she sells crochet patterns. Her patterns range from amigurumi dolls to infinity scarves to backpacks. She is based in London, ON.

Crochet Clutch Purse Pattern

Here is our recent interview with Megan:

1. How long does it take you to make your most popular item(s)?

Each item takes a couple months to do.  I put a lot of detail and try to make each piece unique.

2. What types of customization do you offer? (ex: colour, size, lettering, etc)

We are able to do whatever colours people would like but sizing would relatively stay the same.

3. How has Etsy helped your business?

Etsy has helped me show my work to other entrepreneurs and has let me see other peoples work.  There is not a lot of ways I am able to sell crochet patterns and crocheted items and Etsy has allowed me to do this.


Crochet Women's Infinity Scarf Pattern

4. Where else can customers find your products for sale?
People can also find my show through craftsy 

http://www.craftsy.com/user/2602823/pattern-store

5. What is one of your best memories of being a handmade/vintage vendor so far?

The best memory would probably be the first sale on Etsy. 

6. Do you participate in other craft shows throughout the year?

No this will be my first year participating in a craft show.

Come check out Megan's booth at Etsy: Made in Canada - Chatham-Kent
7. What are you looking forward to most about Chatham’s Etsy: Made in Canada?

I am excited to be able to show off my designs and get my shop out there to more people.

Crochet Pinkie Pie Backpack Instant Download 

8. What’s your favourite material/craft supply to work with?

I like to use a bunch of different kinds of yarn and a crochet hook.

 9. What’s your favourite colour combination?
I like to use colours that look similar to what I am making so what  I am making looks realistic.

10. What other hobbies do you have?

I do some knitting and just love doing crafts in general.

11. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting their own business or opening an Etsy shop?

Be patient and make unique items that people haven’t seen before. Then they will be more likely to visit your shop and buy your items.

Crochet Togepi Pattern
Head on over to Megan's shop to see her other items! www.etsy.com/shop/TiggyPatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik